Friday, February 17, 2012

New Every Morning



I woke up early this morning and the Lord blessed me so much in my devotion like a loving Father telling His great love for his wide-eyed child and I am this wide-eyed child.

I've been singing and have been blessed too many times with the lyrics of a song which says that His mercies are new every morning. I loved it. I love the fact that I wake up everyday with the sun shining, fresh air wafting, and our home still intact. I love Him because despite my shortcomings and sinfulness, He still looks at me with love and compassion that He provides me with everything I need.

But today, He gave a new meaning to that line. His mercies are new every morning, yes. But it is not just about the material provisions. It's about His great love.

When He created me way before He created the world, He already laid out a plan for me. That's how He loves me much. When He died on the Cross, He loves me much. When He was resurrected, He loves me much. And He wooed and pursued me with much of His love. When I accepted Him, He gave me His love. But what's even greater? Everyday, His love is new. Everyday, He works in my heart to show me wounds, dirt and dust that need to be purified by His love.

I've written it in one of my posts but I will say it again: Jesus loves me so much despite my sin and imperfections but His love for me is so great that He will not allow me to stay stagnant and unchanging.

His love transforms, every morning. 

When I accepted Jesus, His love slowly enabled me to let go of my old self, the part of me which was finding pleasure and comfort in late-night parties. And then He worked in the way I used to dress. His love made me re-think and change my attachment to material provisions. And now, His love is working in me to change the very core of my heart. His love make me new every morning!

3 At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. ~Titus 3:3-8


No comments:

Post a Comment